Social Program and Going out in Sydney
25 SEP 2014 | BY RED MATTHEWS
The Monash managers put the following up on their facebook page (Also, so that i don’t need to keep forwarding these over the course of Uni Games please add the Team Monash team to your team app list of teams).
Only a few more sleeps to go….Just an update from AUS
Social Program Transport:
AUG arranges two bus routes (from 9pm to 3am) to go to the social program venues and back to your accommodation.
Different laws apply in Sydney CBD:
Special licensing laws apply to licensed venues in the Sydney CBD and Kings Cross precincts. The main points to note are:
- A 1.30am lockout applies – if you are not inside a venue by 1.30 you will not be permitted to enter
– 3am last drinks
– To enter any venue in Kings Cross after 9pm, photo ID (drivers license or passport) is required to be scanned
– On the spot fines of $550 for failure to leave a venue when directed
– Banning orders for troublemakers
– Alcohol cannot be consumed in public areas. If you are seen consuming alchohol on approach to a venue they cannot allow you acces to that venue. So no roadies – sorry guys!
– No takeaway liquor sales after 10pm throughout NSW
- Licensed venues in Sydney DO NOT accept “proof of age cards” from any other state, except NSW. If you are an interstate visitor or an international student, you will need a valid driver’s license or passport to gain entry to social program venues.